Monday, November 26, 2012

Saltholme in the sun

I went to Greenabella marsh and Saltholme R.S.P.B on Teesside last Friday.

I arrived at first light and walked down Greetham Creek as the sun rose.  There were Common Seals hauled out on the mudflats and large flocks of Oystercatcher, Widgeon and Teal on the shoreline and pools.

As I walked on I saw a Red Breasted Merganser on one of the pools and two Barn Owls, one young and one adult,  sitting in the entrance of a nest box out on the marsh. As I watched and took photographs the adult flew towards me, low over my head and out over the marshes. Unfortunately I didn't get the camera on it till it was flying away into the low sun.

Later in the morning I went to R.S.P.B Saltholme where I saw Waxwing and Redwing in the bushes near the car park and also had a very good view of a kestrel perched in the bushes and then hovering over my head as I walked down one of the reserve footpaths.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home